Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Jeremy!!!

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Jeremy,
Happy birthday to you!!!

How does it feel to be an old man?Today is Jeremy's 31st birthday, so as a tribute to him, here are a few things that have happened during his lifespan.

This is a list of just a few of the many inventions that have come out since 1976, the year Jeremy was born:
  • Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
  • Cell phones
  • The Walkman
  • Roller blades
  • The first IBM PC
  • Cabbage Patch Kids
  • CD-ROM
  • The World Wide Web

A few movies since Jeremy was born:

  • Rocky I, II, III,... (you get the picture)
  • Star wars IV, V, VI... (you get the picture)
  • Grease
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  • Superman I, II, III,... (you get the picture)
  • E.T.
  • Indiana Jones movies
  • Back to the Future movies
  • The Karate Kid movies
  • Batman movies
  • Die Hard movies
  • Terminator movies
Cost of living in 1976:
  • Average cost of a new house: $43,400.00
  • Average income per year: $16,000.00
  • Average monthly rent: $220.00
  • Gas per gallon: 59 cents
  • Plymouth Arrow: $3,175.00
A few quotes for you on your birthday

Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. ~Marc Brown
I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at. ~Maya Angelou
It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on! ~Author Unknown
Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply... ~Jane Austen, Mansfield Park, 1814
"Brothers don't necessarily have to say anything to each other-they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other." ~Leonardo Dicaprio

4 comments:

Codester said...

Hey Josh, if Jeremy's old, what does that make me?

Josh said...

Not much older than me. I just like to make fun of Jeremy.

Something that I failed to mention in this post was fashions. I don't know how I could have left this out considering that we all lived through the 80's, so for Jeremy, here is one fashion statement that should not have been left out: the MC Hammer pants.

Codester said...

Ahh, the Hammer pants. I remember a few people who actually wore those. Most of them were my friends.

To change the subject, I don't know if you've noticed but the Jazz have gotten off to a rather slow start. I'm not too worried though. They need to pick up their defense and find someone to back up Williams. And surprisingly, Giricek is doing okay. Hopefully they'll get things turned around.

Bye

Josh said...

Ya, I have been keeping an eye on the Jazz, although not as close of an eye as I would like. I won't get to see a game until Wednesday, but I have been doing everything I can to watch highlights. I have also been reading the sports pages in the D News and SL Trib. It looks like the defense has been poor. I am pretty excited about what Williams and Brewer have been doing. Andrei also appears to be playing well, although I really have not seen much. Okur has been really streaky though, what's the deal? I think they also need to find a way to get Milsap more minutes, but then who do you take out? I would give him some of the minutes at center (yes I know he is only 6-8, but he can play ball) and play small. I think that the Jazz could force their opponent to play small by doing that. Anyways, I am sure that they will turn things around.

Take care