Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 4th, 2011

 So a few months ago Janna asked me to make her mint flavored brownies.  I don't know why she asked me to do it, I'm no chef by any means.  I mean I can boil water without burning it, and I've been known to be able to make hard boiled eggs too, but that's not saying much.  Being the spectacular husband I am, I jumped right on her request.  Okay, so she had to wait a few months, at least I remembered.  Right?  Oh well.  In case you're wondering, they actually turned out really well, AND I made them from scratch.  So take that all of you doubters out there!
We spent the day swimming, and then had a delicious dinner consisting of BBQ pork ribs, hot doges, corn on the cob, jello, green salad, pasta salad, totally awesome brownies, and apple pie with ice cream.  After all of that it was out to the front yard to light our fireworks.
 Anna's first flower.  A classic firework.  So simple, so cool.
This was probably the first Fourth of July fireworks display that Anna has actually enjoyed.  She was never able to get comfortable with the bigger displays that we used to watch when we lived in New York.

No comments: