Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Trip to Utah

The third part of our trip included a few days with family in Utah.  As much as any other reason, being able to visit family in Utah a little more often is what lead us to our current home in Arizona.  The first two pictures were taken at Cabela's, which is where we went with my Mom for my birthday.  I had never been to Cabela's so I have to admit, I  was impressed with the what the store had to offer.
This is a picture of Alyssa and Ambrey in front of one of the displays.  There's just something about animals with sharp teeth and fangs that fascinates Ambrey.
These pictures were taken at Janna's Grandparents house.  We were there to celebrate her Grandpa Johnson's birthday.  Grandpa Johnson is picture above in this photo.  To his left in order is Janna's Farmor (Danish for father's-mother), Grandma Johnson, and Scott's wife Candace.
Another picture of Farmor, Grandma Johnson, and Candace.
For my birthday Janna got me a new shirt and a new hat.  The hat has given me another excuse so that I don't have to do anything with my hair.  As for the shirt, I'm still hopelessly addicted to the Utah Jazz.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like they're going to be very good anytime soon, so I guess that I shouldn't be too bummed that the NBA is experiencing another lockout.
This is always the best part of traveling when we are on the road.
When we were at the beach we found a coconut washed up on the shore.  Ambrey wanted to bring it with us, so when we returned home we decided that we would buy one at the store, thinking that at least we would have one that would taste well enough for the kids to try.  Well one of them did taste really good, it just wasn't the store bought one.

No comments: